In a hive, the queen bee consumes only royal jelly. This diet allows her to live for 5 or 6 years and to lay one egg per minute, which adds up to around 1500 eggs per day! Royal jelly provides her with longevity, fertility and vitality, thanks to its exceptional nutritional and medicinal benefits. It is also beneficial for humans, and we have compiled a list of 21 health benefits!
The exceptional composition of royal jelly
Royal jelly is incredibly rich and nutritive. It contains some of the most important nutrients:
- 18 amino acids
- 9 vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B8, B9, B12)
- mineral salts (calcium, silicon, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iron, sulfur)
- trace minerals (zinc, selenium, manganese, germanium)
- carbohydrates (fructose, glucose, maltose)
- and a powerful antibiotic substance called “royalisin“.
The 21 medicinal benefits of royal jelly
1) It increases endurance and promotes healing.
2) It reduces deficiencies and risk of anaemia.
3) It promotes re-mineralisation of the body. Royal jelly restores the mineral compounds necessary to the body for healthy cell tissue.
4) It fights against fatigue and weakness and promotes healing and recovery.
5) It reduces stress and has a euphoric effect.
6) It optimises intellectual function and improves memory.
7) It stimulates the sexual functions.
8) It lowers cholesterol and/or the amount of triglycerides in the blood.
9) It regulates blood pressure.
10) It is hypoglycemic. That means that royal jelly reduces blood sugar levels. This type of molecule is used to treat non-insulin-dependent diabetics.
11) It stimulates blood circulation.
12) It is anti-inflammatory.
14) It is purifying. Royal jelly has the particular capacity to help the body get rid of toxins and waste.
15) It promotes skin healing.
16) It boosts the immune system
17) It eases digestive problems, ulcers, colitis, diarrhea and vomiting.
18) It regulates hormones and reduces the side effects of the menopause.
19) It fights against both viral and bacterial infections.
20) It reduces the risk of cardiovascular problems.
21) Finally, it fights against cell ageing.
How should you take royal jelly?
In the mornings on an empty stomach, take 1 gram of royal jelly per day. Allow it to dissolve under your tongue to best absorb it.
Keep the rest of the royal jelly in the fridge to ensure it doesn’t lose its nutritional qualities.
You can complete a 3-week course of treatment at the change of each season, or for a longer period depending on your own health.
As royal jelly has a bitter taste, you can mix it with honey.
Source : Herbio’Tiful