Do you have fragile, limp hair? Feeling good about our hair is important to how we feel about ourselves. Therefore, it needs special care. Your hair is easily affected by internal factors such as stress or poor diet, as well as external factors (pollution, sunshine, aggressive hair products, etc.), and it can quickly lose volume or start to fall out. To strengthen your hair and promote hair growth, here are a few tips, and a recipe for a transformative hair mask made from 3 natural ingredients.
Get into good hair habits!
- First of all, try as best you can to eat a healthy and balanced diet, rich in nutrients and antioxidants. This will reinforce the structure of your hair and protect it.
- Drink 1.5 litres of water per day to hydrate, soften and shine up your hair.
- Excercise if you don’t already do so, which is great for reducing stress (which can cause your hair to fall out).
- Maintain good hygiene to eliminate impurities and excess oils which can cause different problems such as itching, dandruff or hair loss.
- Avoid chemical shampoos, colours and products. Also limit your use of heat-based devices which damage, dry out and burn your hair.
- Apply natural treatments to your hair to nourish it and hydrate it deeply.
A natural hair mask that promotes hair growth
To prevent your hair from falling out and to make it thicker and healthier, try this nutritious hair mask that promotes hair growth!
Ingredients and Method
- 2 dessertspoons of castor oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 dessertspoon of honey
Mix the ingredients to form a smooth paste.
Application and benefits
Apply the mask to your scalp at the roots, massaging it in to penetrate the hair and stimulate blood circulation in the scalp. Cover your hair with a shower cap or cling film and leave it to work for 2 to 4 hours. Next, wash your hair with your usual shampoo. Repeat once or twice a week for two months.
Castor oil is known for being one of the most effective oils for promoting hair growth, because it stimulates blood circulation around the scalp and provides the scalp with the nutrients it needs. This oil also has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that nourish the scalp.
The egg yolk is very nutritious, and it strengthens fragile hairs and brings back their softness and shine. The honey hydrates the hair and scalp, and is ideal for combating split ends. It also has antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties which nourish and protect the hair and scalp.
The mix of these three hydrating and purifying ingredients, that are very rich in nutrients, should improve the quality and appearance of your hair within two months, as well as promoting hair growth!
Source : Santé Plus Mag – Photo : Santeplusmag