Gradually, as we age, dark spots can appear on our faces, or they can become more visible. We can become self conscious about them. Also, if they change in form and appearance, they can even be dangerous, and it is best to contact your dermatologist. We will explain what causes them and give you 4 natural home remedies that you can make for very little cost, to combat these dark spots, and have them fading in no time!
What factors contribute to the appearance of dark spots on the skin?
Certain factors cause skin problems such as dark spots, namely:
- Excessive sun exposure: Always use a sunscreen adapted to your skin type, wear sun glasses and a hat. Avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- The hormonal changes in pregnancy: during pregnancy, dark spots can appear because of excessive production of melanin. They don’t always disappear after pregnancy.
- Taking the contraceptive pill: the pill also disrupts our hormones, but most of the time, the spots disappear once you stop taking it.
- Chronic acne or acne that isn’t looked after: if they are not well cared for, acne scars can promote the appearance of dark spots.
- Nutrient deficiencies, skin dryness, regular exposure to changes in temperature and pollution can affect the health and appearance of your skin in the long term.
4 natural remedies for dark spots on the skin
Apply one of these treatments in the evening, having finished with sun exposure for the day. Sun exposure could make dark spots more prominent.
1) Natural treatment made from lemon
Rich in vitamin C, lemon is a powerful cleaning agent and a natural antiseptic. Lemon juice promotes skin healing.
Lemon is one of the most common ingredients in commercial products for fighting against dark spots, because it contains antioxidants which promote skin cell regeneration.
Squeeze a fresh lemon, preferably organic, and apply the juice to your skin with some cotton wool (also organic if possible).
You can also rub the inner part of the lemon peel to your skin and leave it dry in the fresh air.
2) Natural treatment made from rose musk
Rose musk essential oil is one of the most effective natural remedies for regulating all types of skin pigmentation. It is therefore ideal for treating light or brown marks on the skin.
Apply this oil (preferably organic) directly to your skin twice a day.
To make sure it retains its properties, place it in a sealed opaque glass container.
3) Natural strawberry mask
The pigment in the strawberries progressively reduces dark spots on your skin.
You can choose one of the following methods:
- Either, once a week, make a mask from crushed strawberries, that you apply and leave to work for a half an hour before rinsing.
- Or, freeze crushed strawberries in an ice cube tray and thaw the frozen strawberry cubes in the fridge as needed. Apply in the same way.
4) Natural healing treatment made from aloe vera
Pure aloe vera gel is ideal for anyone suffering from chronic acne, or who has acne scars, because it prevents dark spots from forming in the future. But that’s not all! Aloe vera has hydrating and healing properties.
Apply a pea sized amount of aloe vera gel to your skin (face and/or body) once or twice a day.
Remember: Never apply any of these remedies before going out in the sun.
Source : Améliore ta Santé