Snoring is a very widespread phenomenon, particularly among men. It is unpleasant for the snorer, as well as for their partner. Unfortunately, there are very few solutions to remedy it. Here is an effective and delicious natural remedy: an anti-snoring juice.
The causes of snoring
Snoring is caused by an obstruction of the upper airways. In order to provide the lungs with enough air, the air flow is accelerated, the relaxed tissues vibrate and cause snoring. It generally occurs during the phase of deep sleep.
Certain factors can increase the risk of snoring:
- excess weight: fat in the tissues can contribute to narrowing of the pharynx, which promotes the obstruction of the airways.
- smoking, alcohol and relaxants are also factors which relax the muscles of the pharynx.
- excessive consumption of fatty foods such as chocolate, fried foods and processed foods: these take a long time to be digested and thus lead to gastric reflux. These stomach problems aggravate snoring and sleep apnoea.
- phlegm: excess mucous in the throat or nose which obstructs breathing through the nose.
- other factors can also contribute: a deviated septum, illness, etc.
Commercially produced fruit juices and smoothies are pasturised. This heating process breaks down the majority of the nutrients and minerals in the fruits, which makes them less effective. Generally, they also contain conservatives and colourants which are not good for the health. This is why it is better to make your juices yourself at home, in order to benefit optimally from their ingredients. We recommend using organic ingredients because the effectiveness of this juice resides in the nutritional properties of the foods used.
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 of a lemon
- 1 fresh ginger root
Blend all of the ingredients together.
Regularly drink a glass of this juice one or two hours before going to bed. The juice will reduce the amount of phlegm in the nostrils and the throat, and thus eliminate snoring.